The origins of the NBL Preservation Group can be traced back to 1990 and the successful completion of an exciting project to save the world famous NBL Blue Train steam locomotive from being scrapped.
At that point a dedicated band of enthusiasts bonded together to form the NBL Preservation Group to preserve additional locomotives and support relevant projects.
Over the last 21 years our aims have been expanded to provide a forum to promote interest in the North British Locomotive Company and to catalogue and illustrate what has been preserved.
In that time we have saved a further seven locomotives and now have members in six different countries.
Membership is open to all and further details and an Application Form can be found on our new home website : www.nbloco.co.uk
• To promote interest in, and awareness of, the activities and products of the North British Locomotive Company.
• To acquire and repatriate surviving North British steam locomotives from around the world.
• To actively promote the construction of new locomotives to NBL designs and specifications.
• To encourage and assist the preservation of North British locomotives and artefacts by other groups and individuals.
• To provide a Forum for research and discussion on all matters related to the North British Locomotive Company.